Setting up MAXCC=0?

JES2/3, JCL, utilities.
Ramesh Kumar

Setting up MAXCC=0?

Post by Ramesh Kumar »

Hi,

I need helpon the below scenario.

STEP010 executes a FTP program called progftp. If the RC of STEP010 is greater than 0 it executes STEP020, like EXEC pgm=progftp, if step020.RC > 0 then it executes
step040 with pgm=progftp.

I need to set the MAXCC=0, if the FTP is successful in either of the three steps.

I tried the below code:

Code: Select all

IF ( STEP010.RC =0 | STEP020.RC =0 | STEP030.RC=0) then
//STEP050 EXEC PGM=IDCAMS
//SYSIN DDd *
set maxcc=0
/*
//*
But it seems to set the RC of STEP050. Can you please help me out in setting the MAXCC=0 for the JCL ?
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Setting up MAXCC=0?

Post by Robert Sample »

Terminology is critical in IT, where similar terms may mean very different things. The term "MAXCC" applies to IDCAMS and ONLY to IDCAMS. Using it in reference to a job, such as you did in your post, is not correct -- you didn't mention IDCAMS at all in your post.

Furthermore, assuming that you are wanting to have the job report a 00 return code when any of the FTP steps work -- you cannot do this, period. The job reports the highest return code encountered by any step, and it is not possible to change that value.
William Collins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Setting up MAXCC=0?

Post by William Collins »

I think the MAXCC you are referring to is the "other" one, which is simply the text used as the NOTIFY from the JOB statement operates when your JOB completes.

I think you can these days, if you are on a later z/OS, change things in the way you want. I'm not sure it is either a good idea, or necessary, but IBM may have provided what you want. Which version of z/OS are you on?