What is the notification for?

Share your feedback and suggestions about the website here.
Jeetan Ram

What is the notification for?

Post by Jeetan Ram »

Hi,

Why are you shoing this notification, we know that, dont we?
Please Note: This is a self-registration website. Once you register here you'll get an e-mail on the e-mail ID you have registered with. Please follow the instructions in the e-mail to activate your account. If the account is not activated within a week by you, it'll be considered as spam and will be removed from the website.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: What is the notification for?

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Once you register on this website, a follow up email is sent across on the email ID you've registered with. You need to follow-up the instructions given in that email to activate your membership on this website. Many a times, people register but don't follow the steps sent to them in the email. Such "members" can be seen by admins; if they are not activated, they just add clutter to the admin logs.

We wait for some days, around a week, for such users to follow the instructions sent to them in email - after that, we delete the users who don't activate themselves. This is a loss for both of us. The notification you quote is an effort to bring an attention to this process.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Jeetan Ram

Post by Jeetan Ram »

So do you see any benefit by this?
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

There are some rules to play any game - as a good player one abide by them. If one does not follow them, they are are left behind or are thrown out. As a "referee" I feel it's my duty to bring the attention to such rules.

And if you think for a while you'll understand, it's not even about the "rules of the game", it's about etiquette even before you become the part of the game!
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.