Flags

Share your feedback and suggestions about the website here.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: Flags

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

And they said History was easy than Computer Science!
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Priya Hare

Post by Priya Hare »

These Flags looks really great. Thanks for having them.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Great you liked them - happy about it! :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
prino
Registered Member

Post by prino »

Flags? Another example of style over substance.
Robert AH Prins
robertahprins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some z/OS code here
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

"Substance" is a larger thing. For a discussion board it's not under the control of an individual from discussion's stand point of view. A good user interface, on the other hand, might attract visitors to become users of the board and possibly[sup]*[/sup] that might invoke the interesting discussions; ...and... substance show up... but it's a gradual process. Nonetheless, there is hope.

[sup]*[/sup] - a larger user base too does not guarantee an interesting discussion.
Thanks,
Anuj

William Collins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by William Collins »

Is it less style/substance over an avatar? I have my flag otherwise I get the pesky message to change it in my profile, since it is marked as mandatory. Perhaps make it non-mandatory. Perhaps make Prino's avatar a flag :-)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

William Collins wrote:Is it less style/substance over an avatar? I have my flag otherwise I get the pesky message to change it in my profile, since it is marked as mandatory. Perhaps make it non-mandatory. Perhaps make Prino's avatar a flag :-)
I did not realize that it can be annoying. Please check, it should not show any message now if you have not choosen a flag.

Prino wants to wear his attitude, I can't change his avatar! :)
Thanks,
Anuj

William Collins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well, it is still mandatory when I attempt to remove the flag. Do I need to re-IPL?
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Well, that should not have happened. When you don't have a flag chosen in your profile - what message do you see? With a test account I see the following:

No Message:
Flag Message.png
and that user has not selected any flag in profile too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Anuj

William Collins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The message was something like "Please visit your profile to chose a flag". I can no longer be exact, as I have a flag, and can't remove it to see...

On the edit of I see "Flag: *", when I try to select the "Chose a flag" it says "You must choose a flag." and when I Submit it says, again, "You must choose a flag."
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

William Collins wrote:On the edit of I see "Flag: *", when I try to select the "Chose a flag" it says "You must choose a flag." and when I Submit it says, again, "You must choose a flag."
Ignore that message for the time being and navigate to board index to see if you see the other message.
Thanks,
Anuj

William Collins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Well, Board Index gives me no message, but since I have a flag, and I can't do anything to not have a flag, I don't think that's a very helpful response for me to make, but you did ask :-)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

William Collins wrote:Well, Board Index gives me no message, but since I have a flag, and I can't do anything to not have a flag, I don't think that's a very helpful response for me to make, but you did ask :-)
:) As we usually say, a Yes/No question will get a Yes/No answer! I've got what I've asked for :D.

On the other hand, try choosing "Choose your flag" in the profile and submit. It won't show you any message there too now.
Thanks,
Anuj

William Collins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

OK, so now that flag is not mandatory, it is OK :-)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Finally! :)
Thanks,
Anuj