When to post the answer?

Share your feedback and suggestions about the website here.
ShilpiSRE
Registered Member

When to post the answer?

Post by ShilpiSRE »

Hi All,

Can we answer for old topics? So that any unasnwered topics is anasered. Or we should only answer to new topics?
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: When to post the answer?

Post by Robert Sample »

This is a judgment call. For most posts, putting in an answer more than a few weeks after the original post means there's a good chance the person posting the issue may not see it. If you have something unusual to post, a few months would probably be okay -- but it would need to be a really unusual answer. If the post is more than a year old, I don't know that adding anything will benefit anyone.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: When to post the answer?

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Robert Sample wrote: This is a judgment call. For most posts, putting in an answer more than a few weeks after the original post means there's a good chance the person posting the issue may not see it. If you have something unusual to post, a few months would probably be okay -- but it would need to be a really unusual answer. If the post is more than a year old, I don't know that adding anything will benefit anyone.
Could not agree more!

It's usually good to stick to the current discussions. But there are no rules around it, in this forum, as of now. We talked about it some time back to decide upon but, as far I can recall, we've not figured it out what can be the good course of action.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.