About the Forum.

Share your feedback and suggestions about the website here.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

About the Forum.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

My intent in creating this site was to combine information from my career as a mainframe-computer-programmer with relevant resources related to programming currently found in other places on the net. I hope that the result is a unique creation that may benefit others seeking to satisfy their curiosity about programming related to IBM Mainframes Computer and/or Computer programming in general.

By age, I do not belong to the initial old days of the Mainframe-Programming though I find myself very much attached to the initial Days' Programmers. I'm always fascinated to the fact that how 'they' learned about this dinosaur, when Internet was not so easily available? That's commendable from them to read the entire manual, to know about many trivial errors! For example, just to know what is "continuation error" in JCL... .

If you look back and see this Dino from some where in early 70's, an IBM 360/40 mainframe contained less than 100 thousand bytes of memory and today the Laptop I am building this web-site on has over 400 million bytes of memory. Whoa! That tells us how much we have progressed in computer science. The way computers and IT is perceived is changed and so the nature to learn it should also be changed!

Said that, this Forum is my little effort to show respect and gratitude, in my own manner, to the Titans of Our Industry - I met, in person or online, over the years.

Further, In this Forum, mostly every section of the Forum starts with "What is '-------' question" -- That describes about the Main Topic that particular Forum will be discussing about and gives a bit of explnation/s about the "technologies" being discussed in the respective Forum.

Hope you enjoy this Forum as much as I enjoy creating it.

Thanks for stopping by,
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Anjali Chopra
Website Team
Website Team

Re: About the Forum.

Post by Anjali Chopra »

A Great effort you put in! Appreciate your hard work, :)
Regards,
Anjali
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Thanks for the encouraging words, Anjali.

Thanks for your trust and joining in here,

Regards,
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Akshya Chopra
Registered Member
Algeria

Post by Akshya Chopra »

Anjali Chopra wrote:A Great effort you put in! Appreciate your hard work, :)
Yes, good going.
Makrand
Registered Member

Post by Makrand »

This is a great Forum. There are many other forums around in but the people here does not come with some pre perceptions and I see the answers are detailed...and they , believe me, help new comers like us.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Thanks for the kind words. We're trying our best to get this Forum going and making it more valuable asset rather than just an "answering machine"... :).

If I get more volunteer to join as admin, possibly, I'll be able to get the "ideas" I've with me, implemented real fast - though, nonetheless we'll keep adding more features to the Forum to make it more knowledgable.

Thanks 'gain,
Thanks,
Anuj

Ajit Shah
Registered Member

Post by Ajit Shah »

So far it looks good. :)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Thanks for the feedback. We'll get better as we go along! :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Chetan Kakkar
Registered Member

Post by Chetan Kakkar »

I find the people are rather polite on this board and that is encouraging.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

We try, we try - thanks for the feedback Chetan. Appreciate that. :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Angel
Registered Member

Post by Angel »

The forum has been changed a lot since inception. It looks great. It looked great.
Chandan Yadav
Website Team
Website Team

Post by Chandan Yadav »

A great effort by you Anuj..Hats off..This forum really encouraging and powerful medium to get to know legends in mainframe and enhance the knowledge.. Great knowledge base for every level programmer starting for beginner to experts..Continue the great work and never hesitate to ask for any assistance needed to keep this Noble cause running n improving
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Thanks for the encouraging words Chandan. Monday morning sounds much good now! :)

Appreciate your time here - keep coming back. :good:
Thanks,
Anuj