How to pick the tools for change management in mainfrmaes.

How to do Performance analysis and Capacity Planning for a shop. We also talk about Software Cost here.

Topic author
Router
Registered Member

How to pick the tools for change management in mainfrmaes.

Postby Router » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:55 am

Hi,

I have joined a new company. And they are negotiating and taking demo about the tool for Release management and QA on mainframes. I came to know that they started with SAP migration around 10 years back and failed measurably after some successful move. Because of all this now they have decided to stay with mainframes and decisions made around 15 years back are again being reviewed. I'd be part of the discussion and would like to know if there is any suggestion from the members here.

I have experience with ChangeMan but will it be relevant in today's world? We had the demo for https://developer.ibm.com/mainframe/pro ... oundation/ and it sounds promising but it has it's own set of different tools to be used. We already have a debugging tool. Though the IBM representative said their tools are compatible with the existing tool set but keeping a single vendor compared to others or keeping a mix are the questions, I am thinking on. If someone has some opinion about it, please share that in this post.

enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How to pick the tools for change management in mainfrmaes.

Postby enrico-sorichetti » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:48 pm

I'd be part of the discussion and would like to know if there is any suggestion from the members here.

and after having brought into the discussion a suggestion ( certainly incomplete ) received here
how are You going to stand by it ?

If someone has some opinion about it, please share that in this post.

asking for and sharing opinions about which product is better is just a waste of time for everybody ,
the only opinion that will count at the end is the one of the decision maker in Your organisation

topic locked

cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)

Return to “Mainframe Performance, Capacity Planning and Software Cost.”