IMS Pure 'ROLB'(rollback) function in IMS DB Environment

RDBMS from IBM and IBM's Hierarchical DBMS and Transaction Manager (IMS DC).
purushothaman

IMS Pure 'ROLB'(rollback) function in IMS DB Environment

Post by purushothaman »

Hi,
I'm a Beginner in IMSDB. Can anyone tell me. How to perform a Pure ROLLBACK function without using a (CHKP) Checkpoint/Commit using IMS Call.

Actually my Program accessing on both IMSDB & DB2 Tablebases. Could anyone please suggest me how to use a IMS ROLLBACK in IMS Environment. And more thing is i have already tried the same using DB2 ROLLBACK, But it doesn't work.!. So, i moved to IMS Functions.

I don't want to perform a partial update.Hence,i need to issue a Pure ROLLBACK.I've tried to issuing the ROLLBACK using 'ROLB' log.

I have already referred this below.

CALL 'CBLTDLI' USING NUM-OPS,
'CHKP',
IO-PCB,
CHKP-LENGTH,
CHKP-AREA.

You can also code the IMS rollback command as follows:

CALL 'CBLTDLI' USING NUM-OPS,
'ROLB',
IO-PCB,
CHKP-LENGTH,
CHKP-AREA.

Here i mentioning pure ROLLBACK. What i mean is a 'ROLB' without any COMMIT/CKP. :!:

Before that i need to know. Is it possible to issue a 'ROLB' alone in ims call without COMMIT/CKP.

Scenario: (I have TABLE(IMSDB) containing 10 records. i'm updating 10 records to the TABLE(DB2). If 9th record cause mismatch/invalid data on the updating TABLE(DB2). i need to perform a rollback for entire record. Then,again the update start from 1st record onwards.inbetween no more checkpoint(s) in that table.)

Could anyone Please do help me how to issue the 'ROLB' without issuing any ROLS/STOP combination :?:

Regards,
Purushoth.
DB2 Guy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
India

Re: IMS Pure 'ROLB'(rollback) function in IMS DB Environment

Post by DB2 Guy »

As you've this question posted in multiple Forums, we've a thread open in "Moderators' part" of the Forum. Possibly Anuj will be moving it to "all" soon to have a discussion and then one of us can reply to you.

Thanks.