Residual from 'What is this section about'?

Previous topicNext topic

Topic Author
zprogrammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Zodiac: Libra

Residual from 'What is this section about'?

Post by zprogrammer » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi Anuj,

It is a very good inititive :)

One suggestion I would like to tell is that which I feel might help in increasing the hits is having the knowledge transition on areas like UDM,SAS,TERADATA , Infosphere, OMEGAMON , WEBSERVICE CICS , JCICS , MQSERIES , DB2 UTILITY , db2 commands , DB2 MONITOR ...

My point is that ,though there are manuals any layman would find it hard to just read the manuals and try to replicate with the examples ( DB2 utlity have more clarity ) and why they are being used and when do we need to use and what needs to be done on failure ...

Also to bring in information about some information of some products like

GreyHair
IBM DB2 BLU
NOMAD
Rapid Transition Suite
IBM DCF (Document Composition Facility)
'COBOL – Jackson Structured Programming’
IBM UNICA CAMPAIGN
IBM UNICA DISTRIBUTED MARKETING
IBM UNICA OPERATIONS
SINGLEVIEW

zprogrammer

Anuj Dhawan
Founder
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Re: What is this section about?

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Thanks for participating in PB. 'ppreciate that! :)
My point is that ,though there are manuals any layman would find it hard to just read the manuals and try to replicate with the examples
Yes, agree. Actually they are reference manual not tutorials so that problem will always be there.
having the knowledge transition on areas like UDM,SAS,TERADATA , Infosphere, OMEGAMON , WEBSERVICE CICS , JCICS , MQSERIES , DB2 UTILITY , db2 commands , DB2 MONITOR ...
What's your idea here - from a Forum how can we get a KT done? Do you have some plan/prototype with you?

Regards,

Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.

Topic Author
zprogrammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zprogrammer » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Plan or protoype is like :

Give some basic tutorials as sticky and by reading them or working with them it should give atleast a basic level idea of what it should be about

Something like a guided approach to a point where people can it would help users / beginers to get accustomed to the language / codes being asked about than being naive and asking for help

Something like to provocate users to use the forum which would help them learn in turn than posting questions alone

I dono if I explained better :oops:

Edit :

Having inducing appetite for learning things "which are might be worked hands on" through forum. Of course it is challenging thing to do.

zprogrammer

Topic Author
zprogrammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zprogrammer » Tue May 20, 2014 2:41 pm

Better to mark a new one as Nicc himself might not know that he was inducted to the Board :)

And also good to change the "Board-Comety-Members" ;)

Yea we did really go off-topic :(

zprogrammer

Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Website Team”