What's there in the name?

Previous topicNext topic
User avatar

Topic Author
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:40 pm
Location: Mumbai, India
Zodiac: Sagittarius

What's there in the name?

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Mon May 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Hello,

I might be thinking about it too much but I had been thinking about this, the question is: Does "Global Moderator" sounds better than "Global Manager"? If I change it, you still find yourself with the same buttons - so does the name really matter?


Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.


enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 892
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: What's there in the name?

Post by enrico-sorichetti » Mon May 19, 2014 11:32 pm

IMO Global Moderator sounds better,
it is wiser not to give the impression that we are involved in more than moderating the dialogs


cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)


William Collins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Re: What's there in the name?

Post by William Collins » Tue May 20, 2014 12:01 am

Even just Moderator. Calling me Global just makes me want to take over the World (fiendishly evil laugh).



User avatar

Topic Author
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:40 pm
Location: Mumbai, India
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Re: What's there in the name?

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Tue May 20, 2014 9:57 am

enrico-sorichetti wrote:IMO Global Moderator sounds better,
it is wiser not to give the impression that we are involved in more than moderating the dialogs
Thanks Enrico - I had been thinking about this for some time on similar lines and posted this thread.

So I may choose your vote for "Global Moderator"?


Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.

User avatar

Topic Author
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:40 pm
Location: Mumbai, India
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Re: What's there in the name?

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Tue May 20, 2014 10:05 am

William Collins wrote:Even just Moderator. Calling me Global just makes me want to take over the World (fiendishly evil laugh).
I can relate to that what you mean! :)

And I think the word "Global" was introduced with the fact that one has "moderator level" access to all the Forums while "Moderator" would have access to a specific Forum only.

But all these similar names make me feel typecast - tough as of now we are not very different than others but slowly we'll be, I believe.


Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.

User avatar

Topic Author
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:40 pm
Location: Mumbai, India
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Re: What's there in the name?

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Wed May 21, 2014 12:48 am

Anuj Dhawan wrote:So I may choose your vote for "Global Moderator"?


Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.

User avatar

Topic Author
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
Posts: 2624
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:40 pm
Location: Mumbai, India
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Re: What's there in the name?

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Wed May 28, 2014 1:57 pm

Okay, no answer is usually taken as Yes -- and so the "Manager" is changed to "Moderator".


Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.

Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Website Team”