Previous topicNext topic

Topic Author
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Welcome PM.

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi,

On this site, since some time now, when you register and log-in first time after your ID is activated - you get to see a Private Message. It's an "auto generated message" and a welcome PM basically.

The question is - If you were to write a welcome PM for someone what would you write? Would like to know your views.

Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.

Topic Author
Anuj Dhawan
Founder

Re: Welcome PM.

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Hello,

I can share what we send today and then you can suggest the amendment/s in that, if needed - however, would like to listen your views -- one way or other...

Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.

zprogrammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Zodiac: Libra

Post by zprogrammer » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi Anuj,

Thanks for joining this forum blah blah
As a founder you could either talk about yourself and the "Mr.Greens" here :D and few sentences about the purpose and what could be achieved.

You could may be add like what you need to do if you feel lost : something like that and also link to FAQ's

That should suffice I guess

zprogrammer

Topic Author
Anuj Dhawan
Founder

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:29 pm

Thanks for the reply PB. This is what we send now:
Hello, Anuj Dhawan!

Welcome to IBM Mainframes, MVS & zOS Support Forums.

You registered on 21 Apr 2013 19:40. According to your input, your email is anuj.dhawan04@gmail.com and you live in timezone UTC + 5:30 hours. It is nice to know that you speak British English.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community in the Introduce Yourself and Share Your IT Experience part of the Forum. We feel an introduction breaks the ice, and helps members to be more productive and beneficial for our community.

You can also get started by telling us How did you find us? and/or Where do you live?.

I'd also like to encourage all the new members to read our Forum Rules. I know no one wants to follow the rules, specially when they are set by someone else but you'd be surprised at the amount of rookie mistakes that can be avoided if you quickly glance at the rules.

You can contact us here: DoNotReply@zMainframes.com or here: zOSHelpForums@gmail.com, whichever you prefer, at anytime.

-Thank you for registering at IBM Mainframes, MVS & zOS Support Forums!

Thanks, Anuj Dhawan

Thanks,
Anuj

zprogrammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Zodiac: Libra

Post by zprogrammer » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:52 pm

May be we need to add another thread : What made you joining this forum? That could get a lot of information

zprogrammer

William Collins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by William Collins » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:26 pm

You can contact us here: DoNotReply@zMainframes.com

Really?

Perhaps a clearer indication of what specifically to read "before asking your first question"?

Topic Author
Anuj Dhawan
Founder

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:08 pm

William Collins wrote:
You can contact us here: DoNotReply@zMainframes.com

Really?
This is what happens when you spend to much time with "managers". It should have been admin@zMainframes.com. Thank you for your acumen.
Perhaps a clearer indication of what specifically to read "before asking your first question"?
At this moment, "Forum Rules" is the only indication. We're not yet "expert". :)

Thanks,
Anuj

Topic Author
Anuj Dhawan
Founder

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:03 pm

You can contact us here: DoNotReply@zMainframes.com or here: zOSHelpForums@gmail.com, whichever you prefer, at anytime.
It is chnaged to admin@zMainframes.com.

Thanks for pointing this out, William - appreciate your acumen.

Thanks,
Anuj

Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Website Team”