Without hold option in a calling program and the called program issues a commit?

RDBMS from IBM and IBM's Hierarchical DBMS and Transaction Manager (IMS DC).
Niketan
Registered Member

Without hold option in a calling program and the called program issues a commit?

Post by Niketan »

Hi,
I have a doubt for which I donot seem to find a clear cut answer. Can anyone of you please help to answer that? If a Cursor is opened without hold option in a calling program and the called program issues a commit, would the cursor be closed?
Chandan Yadav
Website Team
Website Team

Re: Without hold option in a calling program and the called program issues a commit?

Post by Chandan Yadav »

Yes it will be closed as it will be considered as single unit of work.

It's in similar way if you have abend in sub program and you are performing a roll back it will roll back changes done until last commit irrespective those were done in main program or sub program..

what happened when you tried?

Thanks,
Chandan
Niketan
Registered Member

Re: Without hold option in a calling program and the called program issues a commit?

Post by Niketan »

I am trying to write a program to tes tit but I am not expert in this area. But I think calling-program->called-porgram->commit->calling-program is complete unit of work. Why only this much calling-program->called-porgram->commit is a unit of work? Please help to understand.
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by nicc »

Your unit of work ends when the commit is made - or end of program is reached.
Regards
Nic