-911(SQL dead lock) abend

RDBMS from IBM and IBM's Hierarchical DBMS and Transaction Manager (IMS DC).
Ramesh_Mainframe
Registered Member
India

-911(SQL dead lock) abend

Post by Ramesh_Mainframe »

Hi,

Need a help here.

I have got -911(SQL dead lock) abend, how to get to know what are the resources were locked by this dead lock issue?
zum13
Registered Member

Re: -911(SQL dead lock) abend

Post by zum13 »

Hello.

The available information about any SQL errors you encounter should be within the SQLCA (the SQL Communication Area). The subject of error handling has come up before and my general recommendation would be to use the DB2's error handling module DSNTIAR to help with message reporting. There's more information in this thread that should be of help: https://zmainframes.com/viewtopic.php?p ... iar#p34662
Ramesh_Mainframe
Registered Member
India

Post by Ramesh_Mainframe »

Thanks zum13, this is really helpful. Is there a document which can help me to learn more about SQLCA?
zum13
Registered Member

Post by zum13 »

The SQLCA field descriptions are here: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/db2-for-zos ... ion-fields

The most useful (and most commonly used) thing in there is the SQLCODE. Over the years, I've found it's fairly rare to find an embedded SQL program which uses pretty much any of the other fields particularly as some of them are very conditional and the values can be difficult to interpret programatically. It's why DSNTIAR is an ideal solution to the error reporting problem. Not only is it DB2's own error reporting module, but you'll get a full error message and dump of the relevant SQLCA fields.