How to display a custom message when login to ISPF?

This Forum is for the guests or the users who are not registered on this board. This part allows guests to post in.
ISPF Message

How to display a custom message when login to ISPF?

Post by ISPF Message »

Hi,

I am trying to to display a customized message when one logs into ISPF but not finding a way out. Can someone please guide if there a way to display such a message?
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How to display a custom message when login to ISPF?

Post by nicc »

You would have to talk to your TSO administrators. They could probably create a fork of the logon procedure just for your ID that would display a message. But you would have to justify the cost even if they permitted it.
Regards
Nic
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: How to display a custom message when login to ISPF?

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Short answer is yes, it is possible but rather daunting question is why do you need this? As Nic has said, you will need to modify the log-on procedures to do this but if you do so it will affect every user that uses the same proc and not every body might like what you want to see unless it's a mandate from your management.

If you are allowed to issue console commands, you might save a notice in the broadcast data-set and all users will see the message every time they log-on. You can use this console command to add a saved notice: SEND 'your message',SAVE

Note: To do all this you must have the consent from your TSO administrators and the management.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.