Help on xpeditor.

Mainframe Application Testing, Offline testing and Tools. Xpediter, IBM Debugger.
Previous topicNext topic

Topic Author
Deepa
Registered Member

Help on xpeditor.

Post by Deepa » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi,

I'm using XPED to test a program but I'm unable to view the values of the variables in the watch window. It just displays series of '.'s against the variable. Can someone please suggest how to fix this?

Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Help on xpeditor.

Post by Robert Sample » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:43 pm

Periods are often used (not just in Xpediter) to represent non-printable characters. If you want to look at a group variable, and it has COMP or COMP-3 elementary variables under it, you will see the periods. You can look at the hex values, or watch the elementary variables.

Topic Author
Deepa
Registered Member

Post by Deepa » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:22 pm

I'm not sure if I got you Robert but I'm talking about to see the value of variables!

Topic Author
Deepa
Registered Member

Post by Deepa » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Robert Sample wrote:Periods are often used (not just in Xpediter) to represent non-printable characters. If you want to look at a group variable, and it has COMP or COMP-3 elementary variables under it, you will see the periods. You can look at the hex values, or watch the elementary variables.
Just realized what you mean. so there is no way to see them (comp, comp-3) as 'readable' like PIC 9(3)?

Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Robert Sample » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:01 am

Look in your Xpediter manual for the KEEPE (KE) command -- or PEEKE (PE) depending on which you are using -- for information about displaying the values of elementary variables in a group.

Topic Author
Deepa
Registered Member

Post by Deepa » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:32 am

Thanks Robert. KE worked for me. :)

Anuj Dhawan
Founder
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:26 pm

Thanks for coming back and sharing what has worked for you! Appreciate your reply. :)

Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.

Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Testing Tools, Mainframe Application Testing, Abends Solution & QA.”