S0C7, how to find the record in error?

Mainframe Application Testing, Offline testing and Tools. Xpediter, IBM Debugger.
BobP
Registered Member

S0C7, how to find the record in error?

Post by BobP »

Hi,

We have got a S0C7 is the production for a Job. We have abend-Aid installed and I tried to analyze it. But I could not figure out how to know which record is in error? How to find that?
Thanks,
BobP
Registered Member

Re: S0C7, how to find the record in error?

Post by BobP »

This is what I tried;

Code: Select all

Compuware Abend-AID --------- Fault Summary --------------------- Row 000001  
  	COMMAND ===> 	                                             	  	SCROLL ===> 	CSR  	 

Shared Directory/Database... 	ABCDE.AAV17R2.ABCD.ABCD170.SHDRRPT           	   	 
  	For a list of databases, select  	DBLIST 	                                     	 
  	To view the Fault Summary for a specific type, select 	View 	                  	 

Job Name or              CICS    MVS      IMS/TM   CICS     Other    Total   	 
  	Application Description  Trans   Batch    Trans    SVC      SVC      SVC     	 
  	***********************  	******  	*******  	*******  	*******  	*******  	******* 	 
  	TOTAL ENTRIES        	    	  1151  	    715  	     32  	      0  	      0  	      0 	 
  	BIR616AP             	    	     0  	      2  	      0  	      0  	      0  	      0 	 
  	BPR128AP             	    	     0  	      1  	      0  	      0  	      0  	      0 	 
  	BPR204AP             	    	     0  	      2  	      0  	      0  	      0  	      0 	 
  	BRR108AP             	    	     0  	      2  	      0  	      0  	      0  	      0 	 
  	BRR118AP             	    	     0  	      6  	      0  	      0  	      0  	      0 	 
  	BRR128AP             	    	     0  	      9  	      0  	      0  	      0  	      0 	 
  	BRR129AP             	    	     0  	      1  	      0  	      0  	      0  	      0 	 
  	BRR163AP             	    	     0  	      2  	      0  	      0  	      0  	      0 	 
  	CAC156ED             	    	     0  	      1  	      0  	      0  	      0  	      0 	 
  	CAC815ED             	    	     0  	      3  	      0  	      0  	      0  	      0 	 
  	Online Technical Support available at: https://go.compuware.com 	             	 
  	To display Copyright/Trade Secret notice select 	COPYRIGHT 	                   	 
 	  	*FDBPDIS 	                                                                    
Then located my Job. It showed me like this:

Code: Select all

Abend                                                    
Entry           Job Name          Code          JESID           Tran    Program         Offset          Dups    Time            Da
******* 	******** 	******** 	******** 	**** 	******** 	******** 	**** 	******** 	**
0004029 	MYJOB4PU 	S0C7   	  	J0000200 	     	PGM629   	00001F3E 	   0 	23:09:32 	17
0003474 	MYJOB4PU 	S0C7   	  	J0034741 	     	PGM629   	00001F3E 	   0 	23:11:47 	27
0003053 	MYJOB4PU 	S0C7   	  	J0055897 	     	PGM629   	00001F3E 	   0 	23:11:49 	07
**************************** BOTTOM OF DATA ******************************
When I select one of those entries, I was expecting the in the diagnostic it would show the record in error. But it did not. Please advise if it is the correct way of doing it?

Edited to align headings with data
Thanks,
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: S0C7, how to find the record in error?

Post by Robert Sample »

Once you select your dump, you should be able to get to the primary options menu, and there is an option on that menu to go to File Summary, which (IIRC) contains the last record read for each input file in the program. You need to consult your site support group since they may have done something unusual with the Abend Aid installation. They will know how to get to the File Summary for your dump and can help you review the last record read.