Help on xpeditor.

Mainframe Application Testing, Offline testing and Tools. Xpediter, IBM Debugger.
Deepa
Registered Member

Help on xpeditor.

Post by Deepa »

Hi,

I'm using XPED to test a program but I'm unable to view the values of the variables in the watch window. It just displays series of '.'s against the variable. Can someone please suggest how to fix this?
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Help on xpeditor.

Post by Robert Sample »

Periods are often used (not just in Xpediter) to represent non-printable characters. If you want to look at a group variable, and it has COMP or COMP-3 elementary variables under it, you will see the periods. You can look at the hex values, or watch the elementary variables.
Deepa
Registered Member

Post by Deepa »

I'm not sure if I got you Robert but I'm talking about to see the value of variables!
Deepa
Registered Member

Post by Deepa »

Robert Sample wrote:Periods are often used (not just in Xpediter) to represent non-printable characters. If you want to look at a group variable, and it has COMP or COMP-3 elementary variables under it, you will see the periods. You can look at the hex values, or watch the elementary variables.
Just realized what you mean. so there is no way to see them (comp, comp-3) as 'readable' like PIC 9(3)?
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

Look in your Xpediter manual for the KEEPE (KE) command -- or PEEKE (PE) depending on which you are using -- for information about displaying the values of elementary variables in a group.
Deepa
Registered Member

Post by Deepa »

Thanks Robert. KE worked for me. :)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Thanks for coming back and sharing what has worked for you! Appreciate your reply. :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.