This is Darklord

Meet and greet the other members here and introduce yourself to the world, the way you want -- pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable!
Darklord

This is Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Hi everyone, I'm passing through really and wanted to stop off to say how much I liked this forum. Very well put together and professional looking.

I haven't as much experience as some of you guys that I've been reading about here, but back in the early 70's I worked on a couple of mainframes, a Burroughs B2700, and an ICL1902T both as operator and operator/asst programmer. Languages used were COBOL and Fortran/Fortran IV along with BASIC.

I'm pleased to see a forum that is dedicated to Mainframes, I have many fond memories of my time working with them. (though some of the memories are a little rusty these days lol)

Nice to meet everyone here and my best wishes for the future success of this forum. :D
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: This is Darklord

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hi DarkLord,

Welcome On-Board and Thanks for introducing yourself - it's nice to see you here... :)

I never knew that you worked with Mainframes and that too during 70's, the golden era of Mainframes...great to know that.

Thanks for encouraging words and warm wishes. I look forward to your contribution to this Board on the Technologies you mentioned about and hopefully, you'll find this Board Helpful and Enriching.

Keep in touch, :)

Regards,
Ad
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's nice to be able to 'reminisce' about the old golden times, even if just for a short time.

I'm not sure I am experienced enough to be able to contribute much to your forum? My experiences were a long time ago now, and probably don't have many similarities with today's standards. So I hope you don't mind an 'Old Timer' just posting snippets where and when he can?
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

It's nice to have caring people around. I know your experience will be a saver for me in the hours of need.

Have a nice stay here, :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.