Hello

Meet and greet the other members here and introduce yourself to the world, the way you want -- pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable!
Nitin Jain
Registered Member

Hello

Post by Nitin Jain »

Hi,

I'm Nitin.  I had been working in to mainframe for some time. I know COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM and somewhat IMS. What are the areas I can focus to make a better career in this field, please let me know your views.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: Hello

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hello Nitin and welcome to the Forums,

Learning some scripting language might help you further, however, it largely depends on how you want your career to be shaped up in future. If you are looking for consulting work - knowing processes defined under ITIL or CobIT might help while if you want to have a career technically inclined, possibly deciding about what direction you want to take might help. For example, if you want to go in to security - learning more about RACF, ACF2, TOMCAT will help; or if working on system attracts you - knowing about System Programming can be your choice.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Nitin Jain
Registered Member

Post by Nitin Jain »

Anuj Dhawan wrote:Hello Nitin and welcome to the Forums,

Learning some scripting language might help you further, however, it largely depends on how you want your career to be shaped up in future. If you are looking for consulting work - knowing processes defined under ITIL or CobIT might help while if you want to have a career technically inclined, possibly deciding about what direction you want to take might help. For example, if you want to go in to security - learning more about RACF, ACF2, TOMCAT will help; or if working on system attracts you - knowing about System Programming can be your choice.
Thanks Anuj!
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

You're welcome!
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.