Aseem here.

Meet and greet the other members here and introduce yourself to the world, the way you want -- pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable!
Aseem_Forum
Registered Member

Aseem here.

Post by Aseem_Forum »

Hi Forum,

My name is Aseem. I work for an Indian IT Firm. I work in mainframes and mostly work with COBOL, JCL and DB2.

I have a question, we usually have salaried jobs in india, but I heard that in IT there are contract jobs abroad. So if I plan to shift to abroad, for a mainframe job do I also need to first search for a contractor job so that my chance of getting a job increases?
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: Aseem here.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Aseem_Forum wrote:Hi Forum,

My name is Aseem. I work for an Indian IT Firm. I work in mainframes and mostly work with COBOL, JCL and DB2.
Hello Aseem and welcome to the Forums,
It's nice to know your expertise area. We look forward to your contribution! :)
I have a question, we usually have salaried jobs in india, but I heard that in IT there are contract jobs abroad. So if I plan to shift to abroad, for a mainframe job do I also need to first search for a contractor job so that my chance of getting a job increases?
There are some companies which work on the "contracts" in India too, however, I have not heard good about them. There can be many reason behind this, however, one of them, I believe is - the government aids and policies during the unemployment period between one contract to other are not very encouraging in India. Second, with contract jobs, I have not heard that you are eligible to get Health insurance, HRA etc as benefits in your payment compared to salaried-permanent job. Such dynamics, among possibly many others, do not make the contract jobs a very good option for Indian market, as far as I understand it.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Aseem_Forum
Registered Member

Re: Aseem here.

Post by Aseem_Forum »

Thanks Anuj. Yes, those can be the reasons.. I did not think about such factors.