This is Trent

Meet and greet the other members here and introduce yourself to the world, the way you want -- pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable!
trent-1967

This is Trent

Post by trent-1967 »

I was recently hired in a campus recruiting campaign by an outsourcing company called Syntel for boot camp training in COBOL and z/OS. I had just completed a community college certificate in programming. I added up the number of IT related semester hours I have taken, and it comes out to 99 semester hours. Almost all of it is either lower level, taken as a hobby, or the 30 hours of relatively soft courses I took for my MS in Information Management. I also have a BA with dual majors in History and Mathematics, and an MA in Anthropology.

My only real IT experience prior to the new job was from 2000 to 2002 working with a telephony company. I taught myself the Oracle database, and PERL. (I used PERL to hunt and log exception records.)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: This is Trent

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hello Trent and welcome to the Forums,

History, Mathematics and now Mainframes - well, that's quite a combination. :)

I had been associated with Syntel in past - where are you located with them? (may be we'd talk on PM about it, what do you prefer?)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Sunny Malhotra

Re: This is Trent

Post by Sunny Malhotra »

Welcome to the Forums! :)