Hello!

Meet and greet the other members here and introduce yourself to the world, the way you want -- pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable!
Neeraj Parekh

Hello!

Post by Neeraj Parekh »

Hi,

I've worked with COBOL, JCL, DB2, IMS DB and VSAM. I've worked with mainframes on zOS. Have not worked on AS400 so far - any one has worked on AS400 here?
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: Hello!

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hello and Welcome to the Forums Neeraj.

I've not worked on AS400 but there are others who might have had. In case you've a question, please ask away and some one will be around.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Neeraj Parekh

Post by Neeraj Parekh »

I've been asked to work on AS400 and I'm not sure if that move is a good one or not? I've experience working with zOS mainframes.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

/*Personal Opinion

In Indian IT Market I've seen less openings for AS400 compared to zOS. However, it's a niche skill and if this movement is temporary I'll accept it though will come back to zOS - however this is my personal opinion on this.

OTOH, you can ask your supervisor about the scope and growth with the new role. You can also approach individually to the other team (where you're suppose to work) to know their point of view.

Personal Opinion */
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.