Hello.

Meet and greet the other members here and introduce yourself to the world, the way you want -- pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable!
Mamta LDH

Hello.

Post by Mamta LDH »

Hi,

I'm working with Mainframes for 1 year. I've worked in COBOL, JCL and DB2.

How can I become more efficient in these technologies? Please share your experience.
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Hello.

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

try hard Yourself, and ask on a forum as a last resort :mrgreen:
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

One of the advantages of current time is that we've internet available - you can abuse it or use it! Many red-books from IBM are now just a click away. So I'd say, pick your area of interest from IBM Mianframe and start reading about it and as Enrico said 'try hard' ... to stick to the scedule! :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
zprogrammer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by zprogrammer »

Also to add on to what the above Masters said : Try to solve others problems and what people ask in these forums as home work or as a learning that will really help you to learn things at exponential rate.As you learn others experience in short span of time
zprogrammer
Mamta LDH

Post by Mamta LDH »

Thank you all.

I also got a note from Anuj on my PM to start with http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246366.pdf.

Thanks again.