Hercules, z390, zCOBOL, CBT Tape Files.
- Posts: 2619
- Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:40 pm
- Location: Mumbai, India
z390 is open source Java and the latest version can be downloaded from http://www.z390.org
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It comes with GUI and command line interface, documentation, demo programs, and optional regression test programs. Once z390 is installed, you can assemble, link, and execute the HLASM compatible "Hello World" demo that uses WTO by following these steps:
- 1. Download z390 v1.4.02 in InstallShield format for Windows or file image for Linux and install (There is a Linux guide on http://www.z390.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).
2. Double click the z390 icon on desktop to start z390 GUI interface.
3. Enter command ASMLG demo\DEMO which will assemble, link, and execute the demo source program DEMO.MLC stored in the demo directory. The ASMLG.BAT command executes 3 steps: macro assembly, link, and emulation. The following files are created in the process:
- DEMO.PRN - assembly source listing
- DEMO.OBJ - relocatable object file in mainframe compatible format with ESD, TXT, RLD, and END 80 byte records. (There is an optional expanded format showing all fields using OBJHEX option).
- DEMO.LST - linker listing showing CSECT's, entries, etc.
- DEMO.390 - relocatable load module with binary mainframe object code and trailing RLD records.
- DEMO.LOG - execution log including start, WTO, and stop statistics.
- DEMO.ERR - error log including start and stop messages for all steps.
The TRACE option can be used for tracing execution using command ASMLG demo\DEMO TRACE. This results in generation of a DEMO.TRE trace file showing every mainframe instruction executed along with address, condition code, and operand values.
Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.