THE GYNECOLOGIST WHO BECAME A MECHANIC

Share a quote, a general thought, jokes or one liners here.
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

A gynecologist had become fed up with malpractice insurance and endless paperwork. Feeling burned out, he decided on a career change where skilful hands would be beneficial. After much research he chose to become a mechanic. He attended the local technical college and diligently learned all he could.

As the date of practical exam where he would have to strip and totally rebuild an engine approached, the gynecologist prepared carefully and completed the exam as best he could. When the results came back, he was surprised to find that he had obtained a score of 150%.

Fearing an error, he called the Instructor, saying, "I don't want to appear ungrateful for such an outstanding result, but I wonder if there is an error in the grade?"

The instructor said, "During the exam, you took the engine apart perfectly, which was worth 50% of the total mark. You then put the engine back together again perfectly, which is also worth 50% of the mark."

After a pause, the instructor added, "I gave you an extra 50% because you did something I've never seen in my entire career. You did it all through the muffler
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
alpna
Registered Member

Re: THE GYNECOLOGIST WHO BECAME A MECHANIC

Post by alpna »

What is muffler?
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

On an automobile, the muffler connects the exhaust manifold of the engine to the tailpipe. The muffler reduces the noise from the engine by a large amount (I've had the exhaust manifold gasket blow out before, and the engine's noise level goes up drastically when the muffler is bypassed like that).
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

On an automobile, the muffler connects the exhaust manifold of the engine to the tailpipe.
thats the technical explanation... for us - technically challenged people - the muffler usually refer to the whole thing ;)
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)