Good Eats

Share a quote, a general thought, jokes or one liners here.
Akatsukami
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Good Eats

Post by Akatsukami »

Chili Chicken Monterey

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1½ tsp. salt
¾ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. butter
8 oz. portobello mushrooms, sliced
2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
1½ tsp. onion powder
½ cup shredded cheese[sup]1[/sup]

Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Place chicken in baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, season with salt and pepper, and bake for 30 minutes.

Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and jalapeños, sprinkled with onion powder, and sauté until mushrooms are brown.

Top chicken breasts with vegetable mixture and sprinkle with cheese.

[sup]1[/sup]You'd think with a name like "chili chicken Monterey" I'd have used Monterey jack cheese; in fact I used a blend of Mexican cheeses.
"I come to the conclusion that, men loving according to their own will and fearing according to that of the prince, a wise prince should establish himself on that which is in his own control and not in that of others." -- Niccolò Machiavelli
Priya
Registered Member

Re: Good Eats

Post by Priya »

Are you fond of cooking?
Akatsukami
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Akatsukami »

Yes; although my health sometimes precludes cooking, I generally cook at least once a week (making several portions each time, so that a lot of my meals are leftovers :)) and often bake breakfasts or desserts.
"I come to the conclusion that, men loving according to their own will and fearing according to that of the prince, a wise prince should establish himself on that which is in his own control and not in that of others." -- Niccolò Machiavelli
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Tasty!

When are we invited for the party then!? :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by nicc »

I have bought 3 loaves of bread this year - one because I could not slice my home made loaf due to gout in my fingers and the other two times because I am not going to waste good fresh home made bread making breadcrumbs for bread sauce to accompany my roast chicken!
Regards
Nic
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Akatsukami wrote:Chili Chicken Monterey

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1½ tsp. salt
¾ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp. butter
8 oz. portobello mushrooms, sliced
2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
1½ tsp. onion powder
½ cup shredded cheese[sup]1[/sup]

Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Place chicken in baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, season with salt and pepper, and bake for 30 minutes.

Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and jalapeños, sprinkled with onion powder, and sauté until mushrooms are brown.

Top chicken breasts with vegetable mixture and sprinkle with cheese.

[sup]1[/sup]You'd think with a name like "chili chicken Monterey" I'd have used Monterey jack cheese; in fact I used a blend of Mexican cheeses.
If you marinate the chicken in ginger for some time along with a little bit of mashed mint. I think the final product will taste much like I would make it! :slurp: :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Akatsukami
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Akatsukami »

Parmesan Chicken

8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
⅔ cup dry unseasoned bread crumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp. garlic powder

Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pepper, and garlic powder.

Melt the butter over medium-low heat. Dip the chicken in the butter, coating both sides. Lay flesh side up in a greased baking pan. Sprinkle the bread crumb and cheese mixture on top of the chicken. Pour any remaining butter into the pan. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Monday morning sounds promising! :)
Thanks,
Anuj

nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by nicc »

Problem is: "cups" and "sticks" do not convert to ounces or grams. I wonder if Google is my friend?

Edit And are those American cups?
Regards
Nic
Akatsukami
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Akatsukami »

nicc wrote:Problem is: "cups" and "sticks" do not convert to ounces or grams. I wonder if Google is my friend?
Google probably is, but the Online Conversion website is even friendlier :)
Edit And are those American cups?
I don't think that there's officially such a thing as an "Imperial cup", but yes, I'm using U.S. customary measurements.
Akatsukami
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Akatsukami »

Herbed Cicken

8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
½ cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. dried basil
2 Tbsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 350°F.

Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray. Mix all other ingredients to form a paste, and spread paste on top of chicken. Bake for 4-5 minutes per ounce weight per breast.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

That sounds pretty easy to cook. I'll try that!
Thanks,
Anuj

Akatsukami
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Akatsukami »

Italian-Style Bangers and Mash

12 sausage links, about 4-5 oz. each (I used a combination of sweet Italian and country sausages)
1½ lbs. crimini and portobello mushrooms
2 green bell peppers
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1½ Tbsp. onion powder
1½ tsp. garlic powder
1½ tsp. dried basil
1½ tsp. dried oregano
½ cup vermouth
Olive oil

Slice mushrooms, julienne peppers, and cut sausages in half. Brown sausages in a 5-quart saucier over medium heat; set aside. If the fat rendered from the sausages is not sufficient, add olive oil as needed. Add the mushrooms, sprinkle them with onion and garlic powder, and cook 3-4 minutes. Add the peppers, basil, oregano, and vermouth; cook for another 10 minutes. Return sausage to the pan, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Serve with (of course :D ) mashed potatoes.
Pradeep Singh
Registered Member

Post by Pradeep Singh »

Hi,

Do you sell these recipes professionally?
Akatsukami
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Akatsukami »

Pradeep Singh wrote:Hi,

Do you sell these recipes professionally?
No; many of them are not my original creations (I tweak them for my and my roommate's tastes and needs, but I don't consider that sufficient change to make them original).
Pradeep Singh
Registered Member

Post by Pradeep Singh »

Ok.