IBM Master the Mainframe Contest.

Share a quote, a general thought, jokes or one liners here.
Sushant S
Registered Member

IBM Master the Mainframe Contest.

Post by Sushant S »

Hi,

I was going through this link on "IBM Master the Mainframe Contest 2014". I searched for the same contest for 2015 but did not get the details yet.

Is this contest only for university graduates? Can't a working professional participate in them? Do we have such details available somewhere?
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: IBM Master the Mainframe Contest.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Sushant S wrote:I was going through this link on "IBM Master the Mainframe Contest 2014". I searched for the same contest for 2015 but did not get the details yet.
Mainframe contest was originally appeased to students attending North American institutions of higher learning (US and Canada, excluding Quebec). However, now, the contest is currently running in separate countries across the globe. For 2015 the contest is aimed for following countries:
  • South Africa
    Saudi Arabia
    Qatar
    Kuwait
    Pakistan
    UAE
    Bahrain
    Oman
    Kenya
    Nigeria
    Angola
    Egypt
    Morocco
    Senegal
    Tunisia
This link helps you to register for it: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/educati ... t/mea.html

For more details, please see this pdf: http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bi ... 27USEN.PDF
Is this contest only for university graduates? Can't a working professional participate in them? Do we have such details available somewhere?
According to the description on IBM site about "Who can compete?":

"Anyone who is currently a student at the high school or university level can compete — no experience is necessary! To compete, students must have an educator at their institution enrolled in the IBM Academic Initiative. Students, ask your educator to follow the instructions on the Educators tab or contact us. By enrolling, your educator will gain access to IBM products and resources at no charge."

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.