IKJEFT1A and IKJEFT01.

Other Mainframe related questions which attracts you and there is no suitable Forum you find for it and related FAQs.
S Dayal
Registered Member

IKJEFT1A and IKJEFT01.

Post by S Dayal »

Hi,

Could anyone explain the difference between IKJEFT1A & IKJEFT01? Are they same or different?
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: IKJEFT1A and IKJEFT01.

Post by nicc »

Well, you could look them up in the manual or search the forum/web for the information but basically they are the same but different.
Regards
Nic
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

This might help -- IKJEFT1A intercepts application abend codes (as in, will not pass them to JES for subsequent return-code checking in JCL), but will pass system abends to JES. Any data-sets that are defined as DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE) will be cataloged in the case of an application abend, since the job step will terminate normally. In the case of a system abend, the data-sets will be deleted.

IKJEFT01, on the other hand, intercepts any system/application abend codes. It will also not pass them to JES for subsequent return-code checking in JCL. Also, any data-sets that are defined as DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE) will be cataloged, since the job step will terminate normally even if there is an abend.

There is another brother of them (as a song says, brother from another mother, though, here I think mother is same too*) -- IKJEFT1B -- it does not intercept either system or application abend codes. And all abend codes are passed to JES for subsequent return-code checking in JCL. Any data-sets that are defined as DISP=(NEW,CATLG,DELETE) will be deleted in the case of a system or application abend.

And this IBM link has a detailed explanation about them.

* - sorry for the bad joke, it's late in night here.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
S Dayal
Registered Member

Post by S Dayal »

Thanks Anuj.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

You're welcome - hope we had been helpful.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.