DOS script and a Job execution.

Other Mainframe related questions which attracts you and there is no suitable Forum you find for it and related FAQs.
Ankita Prakash
Registered Member

DOS script and a Job execution.

Post by Ankita Prakash »

Hi,

I need to execute a Test Job in Test region as part of a Testing. This is an adhoc request and need not implement in Prod. I'm thinking if I can write a script to execute this Job using a BAT file or something using DOS script?

DOS is not the only solution, however, I think I've read a use of such a script - so DOS comes to mind.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: DOS script and a Job execution.

Post by Robert Sample »

Your post is not clear -- are you talking about executing a DOS command / script on a Windows machine to execute a batch job on the mainframe? If so, it can possibly be done but you would need to work with people at your site who know the specifics (such as the 3270 emulator in use) to implement such a task. If not, you'll need to explain more about what you want to do.
Ankita Prakash
Registered Member

Post by Ankita Prakash »

Robert Sample wrote:Your post is not clear -- are you talking about executing a DOS command / script on a Windows machine to execute a batch job on the mainframe?
Yes, this is what I'd like to do. Though I doubt if the site support will help much in this as this is for my own testing and not a production requirement...
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

You will need to look at your terminal emulation software to see what it supports. Some terminal emulators allow you to do similar types of things; others do not.

Another way may be to write your DOS script to use FTP to your mainframe and submit your job via FTP to JES.