OAM Tape Library / Help !!

Other Mainframe related questions which attracts you and there is no suitable Forum you find for it and related FAQs.
Zuiken

OAM Tape Library / Help !!

Post by Zuiken »

Hi everyone !!,

I going to try frist explain my actual situation I start working with a client that going to change is main storage DASD and Tape from EMC to IBM.

Actually we have EMC VMAX for DASD and EMC DataDomain for TAPE (well Virtual Tape).

The offer from IBM is a DS8870 for DASD and TS7740 for TAPE.

and I also like to comment that the TS7740 going to work with a grid TS3500 connected.

The actual TMS is the BCM Control M/Tape and is going to stay.

So my problem is that accord to the TS7740 manual this VTS work and need to have install the OAM Tape Library.

I never work with OAM on my life so I dont have any idea of how handle this OAM tape library with the ACS constructs.

i read the OAM implementation tape guide and dosent explain anything related about what in concret i need to do.

My concret question is>

how to create acs routines for AOM tape library ??? if any have any experience please I will thx any help.

Kinda Regards
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: OAM Tape Library / Help !!

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.