Need help on ICSF, RSA Public Key

Other Mainframe related questions which attracts you and there is no suitable Forum you find for it and related FAQs.
Boyt_jbl@hotmail.com

Post by Boyt_jbl@hotmail.com »

Hi, hope someone can give advise. 

I need to encrypt a session key and afterwhich, a flat file/sequential file in OS/390.
I have a clear RSA Public Key (128bytes length) that will be used to encrypt a 16bytes session key. Problem is that the RSA Public Key is not going to be loaded into HSM or CKDS (due to some other reasons..). My query is, is it possible to use the clear 128bytes RSA public key directly (say, if we store it in a RACF protected sequential file) for encryption of the session key?  Are there ICSF services which can be used to do this way without having the key loaded in HSM?
Thanks in advance! 

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Boyt_jbl@hotmail.com

Post by Boyt_jbl@hotmail.com »

I think post got corrupted...

Hi, hope someone can give advise.

I need to encrypt a session key and afterwhich, a flat file/sequential file. Environment is OS/390.

I have a clear RSA Public Key (128bytes length) that will be used to encrypt a 16bytes session key. Problem is that the RSA Public Key is not going to be loaded into HSM or CKDS (due to some other reasons..). My query is, is it possible to use the clear 128bytes RSA public key directly (say, if we store it in a RACF protected sequential file) for encryption of the session key?  Are there ICSF services which can be used to do this way, without having the key loaded in HSM?  

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Anuj Dhawan on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.