Learning RACF commands from start.

Other Mainframe related questions which attracts you and there is no suitable Forum you find for it and related FAQs.
Niketan
Registered Member

Learning RACF commands from start.

Post by Niketan »

Hi,

Can someone experienced can suggest on how RACF. I want to learn RACF commands, where should I begin?

I have been a mainframe application programmer and I want to try a career in mainframe admin and security, how should I start?
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Learning RACF commands from start.

Post by Robert Sample »

The security server bookshelf can provide you with the RACF commands.  There is a General User's Guide manual to provide you with something of an overview.  RACF and security are complex topics, though, so if you could persuade your company to provide you some training to move you into a security administrator role, that would really help you.
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Learning RACF commands from start.

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

I want to learn RACF commands, where should I begin?
and after having learnt about the RACF commands what are You going to do with that knowledge.
knowing the commands will not make You a better candidate for a security related role.

IT security is much more than lowly tecnicalities ( like some product command syntax )
IT security is standards, good practices, business rules, conduct guidelines.

just learning a few commands and using them without knowing the overall picture
will only get You in trouble.

topic locked to avid useless discussions
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)

Return to “Other Mainframe Topics, Off-Topics, FAQs.”