IBM Watson certificates.

'They' say "they" matter!
Mainframe Bear
Registered Member

IBM Watson certificates.

Post by Mainframe Bear »

Hi,

I am looking forward to do Cloud Certifications on IBM platform. Is the IBM Watson a correct one and what is path for it? Can someone please guide?
Mainframe Bear
Registered Member

Re: IBM Watson certificates.

Post by Mainframe Bear »

Any input please?
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

soliciting for answers is considered bad netiquette
and it will usually make people skip over the topic

remember ...
we reply on our own time and free of charge

if nobody replies it means that
nobody has an in depth knowledge of the topic
nobody is interested in answering
nobody likes You :D
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

There are currently two cloud computing certifications available from IBM. A brief description is listed below:
  1. Cloud Computing Solution Advisor – Cloud Computing Infrastructure V2 (Test 000-281)
  2. Cloud Computing Solution Architect – Cloud Computing Infrastructure V1 (Test 000-280)
Cloud Computing Solution Advisor – Cloud Computing Infrastructure V2 (Test 000-281):
An IBM Certified Solution Advisor – Cloud Computing Architecture V2 is a person who can clearly explain the benefits and underlying concepts of cloud computing. They can also demonstrate how the IBM Cloud Computing offering helps customers realize these benefits

As a Cloud Computing Solution Advisor you will be able to:
  1. Explain the cloud computing concepts
  2. Describe how the customer can realize the benefits of cloud computing within their environment
  3. Map customer’s requirements to the IBM Cloud Computing offerings
Prerequisite working knowledge:
  1. Knowledge of cloud computing principles
  2. Knowledge of implementation of cloud computing concepts
  3. Knowledge of different types if clouds
  4. Understand key areas of security within a cloud computing environment and how they might affect performance and security
  5. Working knowledge of IBM integrated service management for cloud computing
  6. Be familiar with the IBM Cloud Computing Reference Architecture V2.
  7. Be familiar with the IBM Cloud Computing offerings
Cloud Computing Solution Architect – Cloud Computing Infrastructure V1 (Test 000-280):

An IBM Certified Solution Architect – Cloud Computing Infrastructure V1 is a person who can demonstrate the design, plan, architecture and management principles of an IBM cloud computing infrastructure. They can do this with limited assistance from support, documentation or relevant subject matter experts.

As a Cloud Computing Architect you will be able to:
  1. Demonstrate the IBM Cloud Computing concept and design principles
  2. Demonstrate the ability to provide a customer with a roadmap from their current IT environment to an IBM Cloud Computing solution
  3. Architect a comprehensive solution that utilizes the IBM Cloud Computing design and blueprint principles to meet the customer’s requirements
  4. Demonstrate the applicability of IBM‘s Cloud Management Principle: Operation Model, Service Delivery and Service Management
Prerequisite working knowledge:
  1. Knowledge of industry cloud computing principles
  2. Knowledge of IBM Cloud Computing principles
  3. Knowledge of designing a comprehensive IBM Cloud Computing solution
  4. Knowledge of how to implement IBM Cloud Computing concepts
  5. Knowledge of the various types of clouds and “as a service” offerings
  6. Knowledge of the cloud infrastructure technologies (systems, storage, security, networking, virtualization technologies)
  7. Knowledge of key concerns and how they are addressed in cloud computing such as security and performance
  8. Knowledge of the IBM Cloud Computing offerings that make up the infrastructure of an IBM Cloud Computing solution such as hypervisors, provisioning, monitoring, security, storage, integration, cloudburst, reporting, billing and metering.
For maore details, please look here: https://www.ibm.com/blogs/cloud-computi ... ication-2/

For Cloud offerings from IBM, this article might be of interest as well: https://www.ibm.com/blogs/cloud-computi ... ions-know/
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Mainframe Bear
Registered Member

Post by Mainframe Bear »

Anuj Dhawan wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:05 pmThere are currently two cloud computing certifications available from IBM. A brief description is listed below:

Cloud Computing Solution Advisor – Cloud Computing Infrastructure V2 (Test 000-281)
Cloud Computing Solution Architect – Cloud Computing Infrastructure V1 (Test 000-280)
Thank you so much Anuj!

Does anyone of you has moved to Cloud from mainframes?
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

You meant a career shift or an organisation decision of moving a mainframe shop to a cloud shop?
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.