Where to get manual for syncsort?

SyncSort's Sort Product, SyncTool for z/OS, SYNCINIT and SYNCLIST.
Ashish Mathew
Registered Member

Where to get manual for syncsort?

Post by Ashish Mathew »

Hi,

I heard that the manuals for SyncSort is covered under copyright - so where can I get the manuals to explore?

Thanks,
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Where to get manual for syncsort?

Post by Robert Sample »

If your site has a license for Syncsort, you have access to the manuals -- possibly hard copy, possibly through a company-internal web site, or by going to the Syncsort web site and accessing them there. However, manuals under copyright cannot be posted nor linked to here; if your site does not have a license for Syncsort then you probably cannot get access to Syncsort manuals.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Ashish Mathew wrote:I heard that the manuals for SyncSort is covered under copyright - so where can I get the manuals to explore?
As Robert has said, manuals under copyright cannot be posted nor linked to here. However, if your shop has a license for Syncsort, documentation in electronic format is available free of charge to all licensed SyncSort for z/OS customers. This is from Alissa Margulies, a SyncSort Developer:
You can contact me offline with your company name and the CPU serial number your company currently has licensed to run SyncSort for z/OS and I would be happy to provide you with the requested manuals. (Please also specify which release of SyncSort you would like manuals for - 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3). You can email me directly at alissa.margulies@syncsort.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also, you can call on SyncSort Mainframe Product Services at 201-930-8260 or or write on zos_tech@syncsort.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Ashish Mathew
Registered Member

Post by Ashish Mathew »

Thank you Robert and Anuj.

I've written an e-mail to SyncSort Support with details. hope to hear back from them soon.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Good Luck and keep us posted about your progress.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
BobThomas
Registered Member

Post by BobThomas »

This is an interesting thread. Thanks for the details.