force in by rule

IBM's Sort Product, ICETOOL, ICEMAN and ICEGENER.
DEVAPRIYA
Registered Member

force in by rule

Post by DEVAPRIYA »

Hi Guys,

i just like to know how to find the job which force in by Rule.

i am facing a situation that the jobs forced in by rule and i don't have any info how the job forced in and by which rule also its predecessor job.

Is there any command statement to find the rule in spool?? if u know can you please help me.

Thanks in advance.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: force in by rule

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hi Devpriya,

Could you please explain some more about your question.

I'd assume that it's to do with some scheduler however your post is in "IBM DFSort, ICETOOL, ICEMAN, ICEGENER" part of the forum, so that confuses - or you intended that for a production SORT job the status showed was 'force in by rule'?
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
DEVAPRIYA
Registered Member

Post by DEVAPRIYA »

Hi Anuj,

Sry i am not sure under which this belong too....so i posted here.

Its production job which contain description as force in by rule...Job will come to environment when some DSN or some file is available. But i am not sure for this job how its came to environment.

My que is like if it possible to find how the job came and based on which condition job it came.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

What job scheduler is being used? For CA-7, you can list the job attributes which will include what triggers the job. It is not very common for a job to be brought into the system by different methods (such as a data set trigger and a previous job), so in almost all cases there will be only the one way for the job to come in. For a job that has come into the queue but not yet run, CA-7 allows you to review it via a different command.

If your site uses a different job scheduler such as Tivoli or Zeke or Control-M then each has ways to look at jobs but the specific commands for each scheduler are different.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

DEVAPRIYA wrote:Its production job which contain description as force in by rule...Job will come to environment when some DSN or some file is available. But i am not sure for this job how its came to environment.
Do you see that description in the JCL itself - adjacent to the "accounting information" in the Job card or you see it on the scheduler (CA-7) interface?

Along with what Robert has said, I'd also guess that it might be an ad-hoc job and scheduled on-request but then without any further detail this all will be just a guess work.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.