Possibility of a mock run in CA-7.

CA-7 Job Management and CA's Workload Automation Restart & Tracking Tool CA-11, CA-ADC2, CA-Manager, CA-Jobtrac, CA-ESP (formerly Cybermation), ASG-ZEKE, ASG-Workload Scheduler (formerly BETA42),BMC Control-M, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS, formerly OPC, OPC/A, OPC/ESA, Maestro) JES3 DPC (Dependent Job Control)
Shriram
Registered Member

Possibility of a mock run in CA-7.

Post by Shriram »

Hi,

For a new project there is good amount of change on scheduling side. In this we are putting 75 jobs (and possibly more in future) Jobs in CA-7 in production. Before we put these change in production, we want to test them and we want to test these Jobs in CA-7 only for JCL errors and dependencies. We put TYPRUN=SCAN but the drawback is that it does not post the next Job in CA-7. Can there be a way, to test the dependencies and JCL errorsin them?

Some pointer on this is appreciated.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Possibility of a mock run in CA-7.

Post by Robert Sample »

Have you contacted the vendor? They can provide you with more information about how to do what you want. And if your site is licensed for the product, you are entitled to use vendor support.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: Possibility of a mock run in CA-7.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

I would like to repeat Robert's statements... and along with that you should also remember the "RBS CA-7" story.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.