Can we execute a step on a particular day?

CA-7 Job Management and CA's Workload Automation Restart & Tracking Tool CA-11, CA-ADC2, CA-Manager, CA-Jobtrac, CA-ESP (formerly Cybermation), ASG-ZEKE, ASG-Workload Scheduler (formerly BETA42),BMC Control-M, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS, formerly OPC, OPC/A, OPC/ESA, Maestro) JES3 DPC (Dependent Job Control)
Suman S
Registered Member

Can we execute a step on a particular day?

Post by Suman S »

Hi,

There is a Job which runs daily per it's CA-7 schedule. I want to add a step in the existing Job which should run on thursday. Is this possible? And is it a good practice?

please help.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: Can we execute a step on a particular day?

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hello,

You can do what you've asked for, however, suggest you create a separate Job with the step you want to execute and schedule it to execute on Thrusday - that way it'll be a better design, IMHO.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Can we execute a step on a particular day?

Post by Robert Sample »

You would need to set up a new schedid for Thursday for that job. CA-7 allows you to use conditional logic based on schedid to determine which steps to include in the submitted job.

However, a separate job would be simpler overall and cause fewer maintenance problems down the road.