What is the use of pre-compile variables in Change-Man?

Change Management utility: ChangeMan, ENDEVOR, CA-Panvalet, ASG, CCC/Harvest, Cybermation Alchemist, Proteus(Fundi), SCLM, Rational ClearCase, ISPW - Discussion Forum.
Angel
Registered Member

What is the use of pre-compile variables in Change-Man?

Post by Angel »

Hi,

In Change-Man, when I compile the DB2 module there comes an option 'precompile variables = (Y/N)'. I want to know when and why we use it - what is the purpose of them?
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: What is the use of pre-compile variables in Change-Man?

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

AS far as I can recall - as you know, ChangeMan is a version control Tool, by 'default' it'll take some DB2 pre-compiler options, per your shop "standards" while you work with some COBOL-DB2 program. "Standards" - which are set-up by your Change-Man admins. With those options, it allows you to select the precompiler options different from the default setting for that particular compile. Having said that, at some shops -- 'Y', would mean take the pre-compiler options in consideration while you compile (however, it won't allow you to edit them); 'N' will be treated as compile with no pre-compiler input.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Angel
Registered Member

Post by Angel »

Thanks Anuj. I tried to check using PF1 but the online help was not to the point and got confused...
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Nice to see that you find it helpful. :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.