Difference between mvfs and ccfs in clearcase.

Change Management utility: ChangeMan, ENDEVOR, CA-Panvalet, ASG, CCC/Harvest, Cybermation Alchemist, Proteus(Fundi), SCLM, Rational ClearCase, ISPW - Discussion Forum.
Previous topicNext topic

Topic Author
T1300AD
Registered Member

Difference between mvfs and ccfs in clearcase.

Post by T1300AD » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi,

Can you please guide me in knowing any differences between mvfs and ccfs in clearcase? This will be a great help.

Tags:

Anuj Dhawan
Founder
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Re: Difference between mvfs and ccfs in clearcase.

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:34 pm

The MVFS, MultiVersion File System, creates a virtual file system specifically designed for accessing data within a Rational ClearCase VOB. As the link provided below also says - the MVFS works similarly to UNIX® Network File System, it loads a kernel driver that presents a file system to the user through a standard interface within the Windows, UNIX or Linux kernel.

CCFS, ClearCase File Server, on the other hand is a proprietary file server from IBM Rational Software. The ClearCase File Server is a TCP/IP-based mechanism for file transfers between UNIX® and Linux® VOB servers and clients running UNIX, Linux and or Microsoft Windows. While CCFS works with snapshot views only.

This link talks about more on MVFS: https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview ... wg21230196

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.

Topic Author
T1300AD
Registered Member

Post by T1300AD » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:28 pm

only if I could say thanks in time! Respect!

Sarahah

Post by Sarahah » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:00 pm

The link is useful to me. Thanks sir. :)

Kindness is charity.

Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Application Change Control Software for MVS, OS/390 and z/OS.”