Work with file aid compare to work against multiple record types.

File-AID from Compuware and File Manager from IBM.
Priya
Registered Member

Work with file aid compare to work against multiple record types.

Post by Priya »

Can someone please help me to work with file aid compare to work against multiple record types? If yes, can someone please provide with couple of examples. I had been struggling to get it setup.
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Work with file aid compare to work against multiple record types.

Post by nicc »

It might help if you show what you have done so far so that someone can point out where you have gone wrong or what step(s) you have missed.
Regards
Nic
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

investigate the use of the XREF specifications
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
Priya
Registered Member

Post by Priya »

To make my life easy I made two simple files to compare: MISXY2.FILEAID.COMPARE.TEST. Another file MISXY2.FILEAID.COMPARE.TEST1. As of now both the files are just copy of each other:

Code: Select all

VIEW       	MISXY2.FILEAID.COMPARE.TEST                     	Columns 	00001 	00072 
Command ===> 	                                                 	Scroll ===> 	CSR  
****** 	***************************** Top of Data ******************************
000100 	FIRST  LINE                                                             
000200 	SECOND LINE                                                             
000300 	THIRD  LINE                                                             
000400 	FOURTH LINE                                                             
000500 	FIFTH  LINE                                                             
****** 	**************************** Bottom of Data ****************************
Second file:

VIEW       	MISXY2.FILEAID.COMPARE.TEST1                    	Columns 	00001 	00072 
Command ===> 	                                                 	Scroll ===> 	CSR  
****** 	***************************** Top of Data ******************************
000100 	FIRST  LINE                                                             
000200 	SECOND LINE                                                             
000300 	THIRD  LINE                                                             
000400 	FOURTH LINE                                                             
000500 	FIFTH  LINE                                                             
****** 	**************************** Bottom of Data ****************************
Have created a layout for them:

VIEW       	MISXY2.CPYLIB(FILEAIDC) - 01.00            	Columns 	00001 	00072 
000001 	        01 GROUP-LEVEL                                                  
000002 	           05 VALUE-1   PIC X(6).                                       
000003 	           05 VALUE-2   PIC X(6).                                       
In file-aid selected option-10, (10 COMPARE - Compare file contents )

After following the instruction online, I reached to this screen and stuck here:

File-AID ----------- Compare - Formatted Criteria ---------------------------- 
COMMAND ===> 	                                                 	SCROLL ===> 	PAGE 

OLD FILE - 	MISXY2.FILEAID.COMPARE.TEST ----------------------------------------
 Cmd  Field Name                         Format   Status Display               
  	  	  	GROUP-LEVEL                        	GRP   12 	                             
  	_ 	  	 VALUE-1                           	C      6 	COMPARISON FIELD             
  	_ 	  	 VALUE-2                           	C      6 	COMPARISON FIELD             
******************************* BOTTOM OF DATA ********************************
What to do next?
prino
Registered Member

Post by prino »

RTFM?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Robert AH Prins
robertahprins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some z/OS code here
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by nicc »

Press F1?
Regards
Nic
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

According to what I see online, the bottom of the screen you posted should have
Cmd: S = Sync/Key, T = Tolerance, P = Print, C = Compare, R = Reset
If you need more assistance, use the PF1 (F1) key.
Priya
Registered Member

Post by Priya »

Thanks all for your suggestion. I did look at documentation but did not find something to give me a direction. Honestly, I could not spend much time on it though I shall try again.

Thanks for suggestion so far.

Yes, Robert I saw those options but once I gave "C" in front of the variables and pressed F3, it did not show the comparison of those variable, which I expected.
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by nicc »

Why F3 (usually the end key) instead of Enter (usually process the command)?
Regards
Nic