"INCOMPLETE MEMBER" error?

File-AID from Compuware and File Manager from IBM.
shausen1

"INCOMPLETE MEMBER" error?

Post by shausen1 »

I am looking to utilize a certain dataset that contains members with different record layouts. It doesn't matter whether I'm using it in regular browse mode, or trying to create an XREF, I always receive "INCOMPLETE MEMBER" as an error when trying to process in this dataset.

Originally, the dataset had these attributes, which do not generate the error:
Data Class: PDS
Organization: PO
Record format: FB
Record length: 80
Block size: 800

However, I needed to create an XREF and the above attributes are not compatible. So I made a copy of the above dataset and changed its attributes as necessary. It is now:
Record format: VB
Record length: 300
Block size: 27998

Now I receive "incomplete member" errors everywhere in FileAid with the new datset. I cannot find any information on this in any Compuware or proprietary documentation.

Anyone know what is going on? Thanks.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: "INCOMPLETE MEMBER" error?

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

It's been a while when I worked with File-Aid, so the reply is from memory.
However, I needed to create an XREF and the above attributes are not compatible. So I made a copy of the above dataset and changed its attributes as necessary. It is now:
Record format: VB
Record length: 300
Block size: 27998
Please let us know - how did you come to know that the attributes are not compatible? And why the latest attribute are correct?

If you're trying to create XREF in File-Aid - following are the attributes for the XREF dataset if you don't have one already allocated: RECFM=VB, LRECL=300, BLKSIZE=304 and this MUST be a PDS.

You can also have a look at this previous thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=212 which talks about XREF in detail.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.