How to find the CICS version?

Customer Information Control System. Middleware and MQ Series.
Neeraj N
Registered Member

How to find the CICS version?

Post by Neeraj N »

Hi,

Is there a way to find which CICS version we are using our own? Or we just need to ask it to support always.

Thanks,
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How to find the CICS version?

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

goggling with transaction to display the cics version will return some useful links...

but beware... using what is suggested there might cause a security violation for using a transaction You are not allowed to

if You have the need to know Your support will be happy to tell You
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by nicc »

You could also look at the CICS logs on SDSF. At startup CICS should write a message to the log saying which version it is.
Regards
Nic
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

CEMT I SYS

Code: Select all

I SYS                                                                         
  	STATUS:  	RESULTS - OVERTYPE TO MODIFY                                         
    	Aging( 	00000 	)                 Progautoexit( 	IMX004   	)                     
    Akp( 	00200 	)                   Progautoinst( 	Autoactive 	)                   
    Cicstslevel(030100)            Reentprotect(Noreentprot)                    
    Cmdprotect(Cmdprot)            Release(0640)                                
    Db2conn(RCTT1)                 Runaway( 	0009000 	)                           
    Debugtool( 	Nodebug 	)           Scandelay( 	0000 	)                            
    Dfltuser(CICSNON)              Sdtran(CESD)                                 
    Dsalimit( 	06291456 	)           Sosstatus(Notsos)                            
    Dsrtprogram( 	NONE     	)        Storeprotect(Active)                         
    Dtrprogram( 	DFHDYP   	)         Time( 	0001000 	)                              
    Dumping( 	Sysdump 	)             Tranisolate(Inactive) 	                       
    	Edsalimit( 	0083886080 	)                                                     
    Forceqr( 	Noforce 	)                                                          
    Logdefer( 	00005 	)                                                           
    Maxtasks( 	032 	)                                                             
    Mrobatch( 	001 	)                                                             
    Oslevel(020100)                                                             
    Progautoctlg( 	Ctlgnone 	)                                                    

SYSID=TEST APPLID=ABCDCICS
   RESPONSE: 	NORMAL                             	TIME:  02.27.56  DATE: 11.10.17 
 	PF 	1 	HELP 	      3 	END 	      5 	VAR 	       7 	SBH 	8 	SFH 	9 	MSG 	10 	SB 	11 	SF 	        
and look for Cicstslevel(030100). From above it's CICS 3.1.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Neeraj N
Registered Member

Post by Neeraj N »

Thanks Anuj. One of my senior colleague have access to this panel and showed me what you have suggested. In this panel there are many fields which are editable, if I edit them they will have system wide effect?

But if I mistakenly change some field, how can I bring it back to the original? And what would be the effect of the change for the time we took it to change?
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

if I edit them they will have system wide effect?
That depends upon how you define "system wide". Changes would certainly impact the CICS region you are using; however, in most cases no other CICS region would be impacted. And the default values would be restored when the CICS region is restarted, so if you make a change merely ask your site support group to restart that particular CICS region.
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

for what stupid reason do You want to clobber the cics settings

again beware
the misuse of privileges is usually cause for lawful termination
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)