I have admin privilege on server but I can't start the application I deployed to it

Customer Information Control System. Middleware and MQ Series.
demecarv
Registered Member

I have admin privilege on server but I can't start the application I deployed to it

Post by demecarv »

I am getting the error below when I try to start the application I deployed to certain Websphere 8.5 server which I have administration role.

Code: Select all

WASX7017E: exception information: ADMN0022E: Access is denied for the startApplication operation ... because of insuficient credentials.
If I try to deploy using the wsadmin.sh located in the same node which myServer belongs to, e.g. myNode, I get the error:

Code: Select all

exception information:com.ibm.websphere.management.application.client.AppDeploymentException: com.ibm.websphere.management.application.client.AppDeploymentException:  [Root exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.annotation.sql.DataSourceDefinition] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.annotation.sql.DataSourceDefinition
On other hand, I can successfully remove the application and deploy via wsadmin.sh locatted in other node, e.g. otherNode, but I can't start the application neither using wsadmin.sh in myNode nor the one in otherNode.
Should I add some parameter during deployment process in order to guarantee the application is hold under my admin role?

I restarted the server and the node in order to see if it restarts myApp as well but it didn't work.

I don know what I have to check. By the way, I can't understand why I can't start an application which is deployed in myServer which I have administration privilege. Additionally, if I can use certain wsadmin.sh from otherNode to remove and deploy the application, I don't understand why I can't start it using the same script.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: I have admin privilege on server but I can't start the application I deployed to it

Post by Robert Sample »

A Google search on WASX7017E returned over 5,000 hits and one of them on the first page is an IBM web page titled Administrative problems with the wsadmin scripting tool. Perhaps you should start there? The url is https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledg ... probs.html