CICS new Copy does not seem to work .

Customer Information Control System. Middleware and MQ Series.
Salil
Registered Member

CICS new Copy does not seem to work .

Post by Salil »

Hi All,

I have a CICS program. I have made some changs and compiled it. When I am doing CEMT I prog, I am not able to see new copy because the program is showing up. This program is invoked by a CALL and the program is triggerred by JAVA frontend entries. Can you please suggest what might be wrong?
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: CICS new Copy does not seem to work .

Post by Robert Sample »

When I am doing CEMT I prog, I am not able to see new copy because the program is showing up
I have no idea what this means. A CEMT I PROG will show the program before the NEWCOPY and it will show the program after the NEWCOPY (usually the size changes but that is not always the case). When the program executes and does not reflect the changes, it is usually because the program exists in more than one of the load libraries concatenated to DFHRPL and the compile is going to a load library further down the concatenation than the first occurrence of the program.
Salil
Registered Member

Post by Salil »

Sorry, I missed the 'not'. I menat, "When I am doing CEMT I prog, I am not able to see new copy because the program is NOT showing up".

I also read your other statement but I am not sure how do i solve it now?
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

are You sure You are connected to the appropriate CICS region ?
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

Sorry, I missed the 'not'. I menat, "When I am doing CEMT I prog, I am not able to see new copy because the program is NOT showing up".
If you do CEMT I PROG(XXXXXXXX) where XXXXXXXX is the name of your program, and CICS comes back and tells you the program is not defined you need to contact your site support group and follow your site procedures to get the program defined in the CICS region. NEWCOPY is not going to work on an undefined program (even if the program load module is in the DFHRPL load library).
Salil
Registered Member

Post by Salil »

Thanks. Site support group has helped in resolving the program,with latest update in the CICS region this problem came in.

Thank you for your help.