How to find the CICS version?

Customer Information Control System. Middleware and MQ Series.
Previous topicNext topic

Topic Author
Neeraj N
Registered Member

How to find the CICS version?

Post by Neeraj N » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi,

Is there a way to find which CICS version we are using our own? Or we just need to ask it to support always.

Thanks,

enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How to find the CICS version?

Post by enrico-sorichetti » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:01 pm

goggling with transaction to display the cics version will return some useful links...

but beware... using what is suggested there might cause a security violation for using a transaction You are not allowed to

if You have the need to know Your support will be happy to tell You

cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)

nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by nicc » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:21 pm

You could also look at the CICS logs on SDSF. At startup CICS should write a message to the log saying which version it is.

Regards
Nic

Anuj Dhawan
Founder
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Anuj Dhawan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:25 pm

CEMT I SYS

Code: Select all

I SYS                                                                         
  	STATUS:  	RESULTS - OVERTYPE TO MODIFY                                         
    	Aging( 	00000 	)                 Progautoexit( 	IMX004   	)                     
    Akp( 	00200 	)                   Progautoinst( 	Autoactive 	)                   
    Cicstslevel(030100)            Reentprotect(Noreentprot)                    
    Cmdprotect(Cmdprot)            Release(0640)                                
    Db2conn(RCTT1)                 Runaway( 	0009000 	)                           
    Debugtool( 	Nodebug 	)           Scandelay( 	0000 	)                            
    Dfltuser(CICSNON)              Sdtran(CESD)                                 
    Dsalimit( 	06291456 	)           Sosstatus(Notsos)                            
    Dsrtprogram( 	NONE     	)        Storeprotect(Active)                         
    Dtrprogram( 	DFHDYP   	)         Time( 	0001000 	)                              
    Dumping( 	Sysdump 	)             Tranisolate(Inactive) 	                       
    	Edsalimit( 	0083886080 	)                                                     
    Forceqr( 	Noforce 	)                                                          
    Logdefer( 	00005 	)                                                           
    Maxtasks( 	032 	)                                                             
    Mrobatch( 	001 	)                                                             
    Oslevel(020100)                                                             
    Progautoctlg( 	Ctlgnone 	)                                                    

SYSID=TEST APPLID=ABCDCICS
   RESPONSE: 	NORMAL                             	TIME:  02.27.56  DATE: 11.10.17 
 	PF 	1 	HELP 	      3 	END 	      5 	VAR 	       7 	SBH 	8 	SFH 	9 	MSG 	10 	SB 	11 	SF 	        
and look for Cicstslevel(030100). From above it's CICS 3.1.

Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.

Previous topicNext topic

Return to “CICS, Middleware and MQ Series.”