Size limit SMTP message.

JES2/3, JCL, utilities.
Vipin Verma
Registered Member
India

Size limit SMTP message.

Post by Vipin Verma »

Hi,

I've a file on mainframes which has got around 100K records. I'm sending this file as an attachment to the cliient however, the client says that the received file (on windows) has only 31812 records and after that there is some mesage.

Code: Select all

="0    EZA5342I SMTP note from spool file job ID JOB12564 was truncated by Abcd.efgh.myshop.COM
Actually this file should have data till 100K. Please suggest how can I solve it.
Vipin Verma
Registered Member
India

Re: Size limit SMTP message.

Post by Vipin Verma »

I talked to one of my senior from another project and he told me that this is a shop specific thing and I need to talk to site-support group. He also told me that there is a parameter set-up in one library which controls the number of lines on the SMTP but I can not override that in the the JCL, though I can talk to site support group who, in turn, can possibly help with increasing the limit. The senior did not recall the name of the parameter/member/PDS name. Does some one here can hint on that. This will be a great help.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Size limit SMTP message.

Post by Robert Sample »

The parameter is MAXMAILBYTES and it is one of the TCP/IP configuration parameters. IIRC, the default location is SYS1.TCPPARMS and the member name is TCPDATA. The default is 524588 (512K) and the change affects the entire site.