copy all the files from one qualifier to another?

JES2/3, JCL, utilities.
Akshya Kumar

copy all the files from one qualifier to another?

Post by Akshya Kumar »

Hello,

I have a set of files in one of the test regions. Now we have setup a new test region and in that I need to create exactly the same set of files for testing. For a working condition I need to change the second qualifier, like this:

XYZ.TEST1.FILES.** to XYZ.TEST2.FILES.**

There are so many files and I'm looking for a shorter way of doing it. Do you have a suggestion, please?
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: copy all the files from one qualifier to another?

Post by Robert Sample »

This can be done using DF/DSS (program ADRDSSU) -- I would DUMP the data sets then RESTORE with RENAME (or RENAMEUNCONDITIONAL depending). The DFSMS bookshelf has the manual describing the various options. However, if you have not used ADRDSSU before, I STRONGLY recommend contacting your site support group as there are a LOT of options and your site may have restricted use of this program.
Akshya Kumar

Post by Akshya Kumar »

Thanks for the guidance Robert. I have not used ADDRDSSU before but reading about it now. I am checking if I can find some example to look at to get idea to do what I need to.
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Post by Robert Sample »

I STRONGLY recommend working with your site support group on this issue. They have (or should have) plenty of experience with DF/DSS and may already have something set up to do what you want.

DF/DSS supports use of the COPY command, or you can use DUMP to create a backup data set and then use RESTORE to create the new data sets from the backup.