Many to many copy.

JES2/3, JCL, utilities.
Abhilash Sharma

Many to many copy.

Post by Abhilash Sharma »

Hi,

I've 12 input files (and in future it might be more). Let's file be fileA, fileB, fileC and so on and 12 output files as - fileA1, fileB1, fileC1 and so on. I want to copy the input files to output files such as fileA goes to fileA1, fileB geso to fileB1 ...

I know it can be done by IDCAMS but I don't want to use that, as it would take as many steps as many files. Please let me know how to resolve it? And can this be done just by a single step. It'll be less matainece going forward.
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Many to many copy.

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

doing it in one step and one control statement depends on the naming scheme

if You are satisfied with a high level qualifier change ADRDSSU aka DFDSS can do it in one shot

the syntax is along the lines of

Code: Select all

COPY DATASET(INCLUDE(some.pattern.**)) -                                                                          
        RENAMEUNCONDITIONAL(some.pattern.**,theothr.pattern.**) 
I said ALONG the lines ...

check the manual for the exact syntax and additional parametes
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
Robert Sample
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Many to many copy.

Post by Robert Sample »

I know it can be done by IDCAMS but I don't want to use that, as it would take as many steps as many files.
This statement makes no sense. IDCAMS allows you to put all 12 input files as well as all 12 output files as DD statements and use 12 REPRO statements -- all in one step.