Forum Rules!

Announcements: A member should be concerned about. And the Rules you should follow.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Forum Rules!

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Forum Rules:
  • Respect Staff members at all given times.
  • No defamation.
  • No requesting pictures and text which include racism, nudity, sexism, religion or foul language in Personal Messages.
  • No other language than English.
  • No links towards nor posting of any cracks, torrents or money-making sites
  • Keep it on-topic.
  • Any posts about forums outside of our network will be treated as spam and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Keep comments civil, negative comments are fine as long as they are constructive. Comments such as your forum suck" contribute nothing and are worthless.
  • You only need 1 thread per forum, having multiple threads open on the same topic will be treated as spam and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Topics must be submitted to the relevant forums.
  • Do not ask your doubts as a reply to another post.
  • Show respect for each other.
  • You've a question post here, this is an open Forum - do not request help via Private messages(PM).
  • Use code Tags where ever applicable.
  • Do not direct link to sites other than ibm.com.
  • Make your topic title meaningful and descriptive.
  • Ignore using words such as 'Urgent'' or 'Important' in your subject line.
  • You can not use these forums for any commercial purpose.
  • Do not use any Email-ID in the Posts or signature.
  • Do not shout - CAPS, big text size, excessive question marks (?) or exclamation signs (!) in your subject/content.
Things to bear in mind :
  • We're not a support desk. We're a group of volunteers who give our spare time. We all have day jobs. There's no SLA on our responses.
  • The Search Facility Is Your Friend. Most questions have been asked in here at some point. Your answer could be waiting to be found and posting could be unnecessary.
  • If you've got an urgent problem, may be look through channels at your office. Double posting will not get your question answered faster; it's more likely to annoy people and make them ignore you. Or flame you.
  • If you post in the wrong section (which is easy enough) don't double post in the right section but add a post that you'd like the thread moved. A moderator will move it for you.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: Forum Rules!

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Forum rules are revised and are available via the link on the top, adjacent to FAQ (in line with Quick links). Rules are not yet complete, however are enough to get us started.

All the rules are provided with "anchors (#)" using which you can hilight a rule of your choice.When one wants to refer to a specific rule - click on the # after the rule and use the URL from the address-bar to refer it. For example, if I want to refer to the rule "e" in under "Forum Rules" - I can use a link like this: app.php/rules#rulee or this.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.

Return to “Site Announcements and Rules.”