Why commenting is not allowed on the rules page.

Announcements: A member should be concerned about. And the Rules you should follow.
Pragya Gupta
Registered Member

Why commenting is not allowed on the rules page.

Post by Pragya Gupta »

Hi,

I was reading the rules defined on this link rules and wanted to ask a question on the avatar. How can I do such follow up when there is no comment facility allowed on that page?

How do I make sure that my avatar has this - "Avatars should be no larger than 120x120 pixels and should not exceed 20KiB in size."??
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Why commenting is not allowed on the rules page.

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

replying to the question in the title ...
because the founder/owner of the forum set the rules, and You just have to accept them.

how to find out the <resolution> of a pixel image and its size is a question that should be asked in the PC section of the forum
and is in no way related to the rules logic
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Hi,

The commenting is not allowed to avoid the unnecessary clutter and for that matter that's not a blog post where users would usually want to leave some remark/s. Think about a "Rules Page" having a long discussion underneath, what would you chose as a rule -- the set-rules or the follow-up comments on them? Over the time , unless the comments are regularly monitored and deleted, they can add a lot of misleading discussion.

On the other hand, You can always start a follow up post in the "Suggestions & Feedback : About the Forum" part of the Forum or in other section to follow up on a specific rule, as Enrico has indicated.

Also, if you look carefully on the Rules Page, you'll see that there are anchor points (#) given to highlight a given rule. That brings the attention directly to the rule-in-question. For example, you could mention about your question like this:

Looking at this rule Avatars should be no larger than 120x120 pixels and should not exceed 20KiB in size. # - how do I make sure this is followed?

Said that, please start a topic on this Suggestions & Feedback : About the Forum or in Personal Computers - Mainframe related tools and some one will be around with an answer.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
Pragya Gupta
Registered Member

Post by Pragya Gupta »

Thanks. I have started another topic viewtopic.php?f=99&t=2315. Please guide me on this.