Merry Christmas.

Announcements: A member should be concerned about. And the Rules you should follow.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Merry Christmas.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

May your Christmas be filled with lots of happiness, peace and love... ooh and lots of presents! :)

[attachment=0]Merry Christmas.png[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Merry Christmas.png[/attachment]

[circle]Merry Christmas[/circle]
PS.: The Theme (look) of the board will be changed to celebrate Chrsitmas on 25[sup]th[/sup] November and will stay here until 25[sup]th[/sup] December. Stay Tuned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
durga
Registered Member

Re: Merry Chrsitmas.

Post by durga »

Merry Christmas. :)
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Merry Chrsitmas.

Post by enrico-sorichetti »

c /Chrsitmas/Christmas/ :D
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Re: Merry Christmas.

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

:oops: - this is what happens when you are too excited for something! :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Disclaimer: My comments on this website are my own and do not represent the opinions or suggestions of any other person or business entity, in any way.
enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

when you are too excited for something!
did You get already Your presents ? :D
cheers
enrico
When I tell somebody to RTFM or STFW I usually have the page open in another tab/window of my browser,
so that I am sure that the information requested can be reached with a very small effort 8-)
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Ah! Presents! :)

I know what is in store for me...did not get them yet though! :)
Thanks,
Anuj

Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

The Christmas Theme is here. With the new look, you might find Forum to work a little slow comparatively. However with good Internet speed you should not feel it. Speed is slow barbecue of the additional pictures and graphics.

Said that, try hovering your mouse over different sections on the index page, try posting an answer in full editor, howler the mouse on topics - feel and enjoy the warmth of Christmas! :)
Merry Christmas
PS.: If you face any issue with the new theme, please report that in the Feedback section rather than in this thread.
Thanks,
Anuj

enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Yes, Anuji

the forum works not a little, a lot slower in my case

my speed tests show

ping 32 millsecs

download 12.5 MB

upload 0.70 MB
cheers
enrico
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Too much of graphics make it all slow. I'm not sure if I should remove them all but I was excited enough to celebrate the festival season and you see the effect here. :D

But if it makes it too slow to bear, possibly we can shorten the span of graphics to display. We still have a month to go for Christmas.

Thoughts?
Thanks,
Anuj

mickeydusaor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by mickeydusaor »

Not having any issues with it at my end...............
prino
Registered Member

Post by prino »

We are professionals, if graphics would be useful we would not be using 24x80 terminals.

Get rid of the crap!
Last edited by Anuj Dhawan on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed the bold and the extra font size.
Robert AH Prins
robertahprins @ the.17+Gb.Google thingy
Some z/OS code here
nicc
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by nicc »

That Merry Christmas that follows the cursor can get in the way if you are using the mouse to highlight text or keep your eyes focused on a line.
Regards
Nic
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

nicc wrote:That Merry Christmas that follows the cursor can get in the way if you are using the mouse to highlight text or keep your eyes focused on a line.
That circular text is only applicable in this thread. It is not not shown any where else on the board.

My intention was not to put the audience in the trouble but to feel the warmth of the festival. If you all are not comfortable with the theme which is applicable until 25[sup]th[/sup] December only I'll put the theme up only on 25[sup]th[/sup] December and will remove it for now. It was said, in the start of this thread, that we'll celebrate the fest for a month. It's not a permanent set-up here.
Thanks,
Anuj

Ashish Mathew
Registered Member

Post by Ashish Mathew »

Merry Christmas! Why it is always like using "Merry" and not Happy Christmas? Is there any story behind that?
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

I think both of them are used equally. What I am aware of is that in the US they say "Merry Christmas" while in the UK and other commonwealth countries they say "Happy Christmas". But why it is so, I don't know off hand.
Thanks,
Anuj

durga
Registered Member

Post by durga »

Thanks Anuj. I do not follow catholic religion so I am not sure what is correct just heard it "Merry Christmas" always.
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Possibly someone more knowledgeable will be around soon.
Thanks,
Anuj

enrico-sorichetti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

merry vs. happy is probably related to different habits, nothing more
cheers
enrico
Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

nicc wrote:That Merry Christmas that follows the cursor can get in the way if you are using the mouse to highlight text or keep your eyes focused on a line.
Christmas theme will be disabled for some time. Looks like we have figured out a solution for the blue background with snow when the mouse pointer is put on the thread' subject. Hopefully it works the way you needed it, after the change.
Thanks,
Anuj

Anuj Dhawan
Founder
India

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Back - While clicking on threads, the blue background should not appear now. That should make it better for reading... Christmas sounds promising. :)
Thanks,
Anuj